If you missed applying to IGNOU due to any reasons, you can still apply as the registration deadline for the July 2023 session has been extended until September 30th for all courses except certificate programs. Applications for certificate courses are no longer accepted. So, if you want to enroll in any undergraduate, postgraduate, or diploma course, you still have time until September 30th to register.
Follow the given simple steps for the registration
- Visit the Online Admission System homepage or visit the official IGNOU website at www.ignou.ac.in.
- Click on the “Available Programme” tab.
- Select the program you’re interested in and carefully review the details, such as eligibility, fees, and duration.
- Download the Common Prospectus and familiarize yourself with the university’s rules.
- Click on “NEW REGISTRATION” in the applicant login section.
- Complete your registration details. Your username should be between 8 to 16 characters, and your password should be a combination of letters and numbers, also between 8 to 16 characters.
- After filling in the necessary information, click “SUBMIT.”
- You will receive your username via email and SMS. Remember both your username and password.
- If you’ve already registered, simply click “LOGIN.”
Required documents at the time of filling the form
You’ll need the following scanned documents, each with a specific size limit:
- Your scanned signature (size should be less than 100 KB).
- Scanned copy of any Experience Certificate, if you have one (size should be less than 200 KB).
- A scanned photograph of yourself (size should be less than 100 KB).
- Scanned copy of your Category Certificate, if you belong to SC/ST/OBC (size should be less than 200 KB).
- Scanned copy of your relevant Educational Qualifications (size should be less than 200 KB).
If in any case, you can not complete the admission process at IGNOU or miss the last date, you still have the option to save your academic year. There are many other alternative universities that offer the same courses as IGNOU in the online mode and are UGC-approved. Moreover, the affordable fee structure and additional services like placement assistance, Student support services, and many others provide you with a better career scope.