According to IGNOU, the course “Development and Use of Open Educational Resources (OER) in Open and Distance Learning” will conduct online mode that will commence on the 4th of July, 2022.
The IGNOU has recently published a notice regarding the short-term courses approved by the University Grants Commission. The IGNOU administration said in the press release that this “Development and Use of Open Educational Resources (OER) in Open Distance Learning’ program will be implemented from the 4th of July, 2022 of this year. The distance education’s Staff Training Research Institute has released complete details regarding this program.
Specifications and Main Highlights of the Course
It’s a six-day training workshop that will focus on several issues that focus on various aspects like:
- Understanding various prospects including the development of the program including the recent status through various types of necessary requirements and exposure to international experts.
- Retrieving, adopting, designing, and locating OER for the particular program or courses including various subjects included in the same.
- Cost assessments and OER considerations.
- Exposure to various types of politics, practices and research related to OER
- Practical aspects of OER through the COL program.
- Development and implementation of various types of strategies for the use of OER in distance education and training programs.
Topics Included in the Courses
There are various types of topics and subjects included in the program. It includes:
Open Education, OER and OEP, OER Policy, OER Implementations, Open Pedagogy, OER for Skilling, Understanding OER.
Participants of the Program
There are more than 50 brilliant and highly qualified staff and academicians from DEI or Distance Educational Institution and State Open Universities (SOUs) who took part in this program.
Students of candidates who want to get admission to UGC approved short-term professional development course of Development and Use of Open Educational Resources (OER) need to visit the nearest regional center of IGNOU.
They can visit the website of the varsity for more details. The official web link of the varsity is ignou.ac.in.